Veteran Employment Through Technology Education Courses (VET TEC) for Training Providers is a new, innovative five-year pilot program that pairs participating Veterans and eligible Service members with industry-leading Training Providers to help participants acquire new skills to enter the job market or enhance their business acumen. The ultimate goal is to give Veterans the high-tech skills sought by today’s top employers so they can acquire meaningful employment.
VET TEC Training Providers will have access to a large group of students who are motivated, hard-working, and bright team players. Other benefits for Training Providers to participate include:
● Supporting Veterans and eligible Service members who have served their country, often at great personal cost, by helping them transition
into the private sector to start careers in the well-paying, high-tech workforce.
● VET TEC is designed to ensure participants' successful completion of the program all the way to the point
of finding new jobs, running their own companies, or advancing in their current high-tech careers.
VA will enter into agreements with organizations (referred to as “Training Providers”) that provide training and job placement outcomes. VA will incentivize these partners with a “pay-for-performance” model that pays these institutions incrementally based on the progress and success of their students.
VA will pay the Training Provider:
● An initial 25 percent of tuition and fees when the student enrolls and attends.
● Another 25 percent when the student completes his or her training program.
● The remaining 50 percent once the student secures meaningful employment in his or her field of study.
Documentation showing the student has found meaningful employment will be required. Training Providers will need to make sure students are aware they will need to document their employment so the final tuition and fees payment can be released
NOTE - Training Providers may not charge for tuition and fees and refund charges when VA payments are received.
A Training Provider has mandatory tuition and fees charge of $10,000
The Provider will be paid:
● An initial 25 percent of tuition and fees when the student enrolls and attends - $2,500
● Another 25 percent when the student completes his or her training program - $2,500
● The remaining 50 percent once the student secures meaning employment in his or her field of study - $5,000
The Training Provider cannot receive the initial payment of $2,500 and then charge $7,500 to be refunded when VA pays.
Note: VET TEC Program has an annual cap of $45 million. In the event funding is exhausted VA will be unable to accept new VET TEC student enrollments until additional funding is secured. Students already enrolled in their programs will continue training and Veteran and Training Provider applications will continue to be accepted.
Download and complete the VET TEC Training Provider Application (mandatory), VET TEC Pilot Program Participation Agreement (mandatory), VET TEC Training Provider Facility Programs Spreadsheet (mandatory), VET TEC Statement of Compliance with 85/15 Ratios and Spreadsheet (mandatory), and the VET TEC Training Provider Additional Sites (if needed), and email to ELR-VETTEC.VBABUF@va.gov.
|Helpful Hints for the Application Process
● At the time of application, please submit the Participation Agreement.
● Please submit proof the facility is financially sound and capable of fulfilling its commitments for training. Examples of documentation include copies of tax returns, bank statements, or financial reports. This documentation must cover the facility's last 2 years of operation. If in operation less than 2 years, must provide complete history.
● Please submit completion rates by class. See Section VII, Part P on page 5 of the Training Provider Application.
If your facility is designated as “Non-College Degree only,” and offers high technology programs, you can request approval for VET TEC as well. If your program is dually approved, it will have two distinct facility codes and your certifying official must certify students under the correct code.
Institutions of higher learning (degree granting sites) are not eligible for VET TEC approval.
No, VET TEC programs cannot be self-paced.
Valid EFT information is required for VET TEC program approval and must be supplied in your initial application materials.
See the approved training providers.
All VET TEC programs will be available on the list, but VA can give programs “preferred” status. A program can be “preferred” if the training facility agrees to refund tuition and fees to VA if the student completes the program and does not find meaningful employment within 180 days.
Benefits of preferred status:
Veterans and eligible Service members can apply online.