Inside Veterans Benefits
Our Response to COVID-19
We appreciate your patience as we continue to work with you during this time of crisis.
Read VBA's response »
Walk-In Interviews Available Effective 9/12/22
While we strongly encourage appointments via VERA-Home (force.com)
, we will serve customers without appointments beginning Monday, September 12, 2022, at our location on the 2nd floor of 100 SW Main Street, Portland, Oregon 97204.
Walk in hours are betwenn 8:30am and 3:00pm.
Vistiors experiencing COVID-related symptoms
should not enter VA space, and instead should make an appointment for a phone (virtual) interview using VERA-Home (force.com)
Customers are reminded that they can also reach VBA:
Note: In person and virtual meetings are available for Veteran Readiness and Employment (VR&E) claimants at this time. Please reach out to your assigned Vocational Rehabilitation Counselor to schedule a meeting. Alternatively, you may request a meeting via VERA - Home (force.com)
How to Make an In-Person Appointment at the Portland VA Regional Office
- 1. Click on this link: VERA - Home (force.com)
- 2. Then click on the brown “Schedule In-Person Appointment” button.
- 3. Next page: put in your area code and hit Search - it will show the card/box for the Portland Regional Office . Click on that card.
- 4. Next page: fill in your name, phone number, email address and any special notes or requests. Then hit the Next button.
- 5. Click on the options you want (like “File a claim” for example), then hit Next again.
- 6. Then choose a date, click Next, then choose a time, hit Next, review your selections to make sure everything’s right, and finalize your appointment by hitting Next again.
Instructions for Setting-Up Your VA.gov Account
- 1. Click on this link to go to va.gov: https://www.va.gov/.
- 2. Click on the “Sign in” button in the upper-right hand corner of the screen, then.
- 3. Click on the Create an ID.me account button.
- This will take you to the ID.me website. You have to create an account in ID.me first, for verification purposes.
- Fill in your email address, then make up a password and write it down so you have a copy. Then click on the blue “Create an ID.me account.” It will send you back an email with a link to confirm.
- Once you have created your ID.me account, go back to va.gov
- 4. Then use your ID.me account name and password to create and sign in to your Va.gov account.
If there is a problem, here is the link to the ID.me customer service: https://help.id.me/hc/en-us
Veterans Rapid Retraining Assistance Program (VRRAP)
On March 11, 2021, the Department of Veterans Affairs (VA) launched VRRAP for Veterans who have lost their jobs due to the COVID-19 pandemic. Veterans participating in the VRRAP can receive education and training for high-demand occupations, which is determined by the Commissioner of Labor Statistics. Veterans will receive up to 12 months of tuition and fees and a monthly housing allowance based on Post-9/11 GI Bill rates. To learn more about VRRAP and how to apply for the program, Veterans can visit www.va.gov. Veterans can also contact the Education Call Center at 888-442-4551 between 7 a.m. - 6 p.m. EST, Monday-Friday to speak with a VA education respresentative.
Are you an Alaska Native Vietnam-era Veteran?
You may be entitled to a Native allotment selection, if you are an Alaska Native Vietnam Veteran who served between 1964 and 1971, AND have not received a Native allotment, OR are an heir to someone who meets the above criteria. For more information, visit the Bureau of Land Management web site or read this information..
External Link Disclaimer: This page contains links that will take you outside the Department of Veterans Affairs website. VA does not endorse and is not responsible for the content of those linked websites.