Honolulu Regional Office Home Loan Services
One of the missions of our RO is to help Veterans and Servicemembers maximize their opportunity to obtain, retain, and adapt homes by providing a viable and fiscally responsible benefit program in recognition of their service to the nation. We administer the following VA home loan and housing benefits and services:
- Purchase Loans. These loans help you purchase a home at a competitive interest rate often without requiring a down payment or private mortgage insurance. Learn more.
- Cash Out Refinance loans allow you to take cash out of your home equity to pay off debt, fund school, or make home improvements. Learn more.
- Interest Rate Reduction Refinance Loan. Also called the Streamline Refinance Loan, this benefit can lower your interest rate by refinancing your existing VA loan. Learn more.
- Native American Direct Loan Program. These loans assist eligible Native American Veterans with the purchase, construction, or improvement of homes on Federal Trust Land or with interest rate reductions on existing VA direct loans. Learn more.
- Adapted Housing Grants. This funding helps Veterans with permanent and total service-connected disabilities purchase or build an adapted home or modify an existing home to accommodate their disability. Learn more.
For more information about VA’s home loan and housing programs, go to the Home Loans section of VA.gov. You can also visit one of these regional offices for VA Home Loan Guaranty services.