Inside Veterans Benefits
We honor WWII U.S. Navy Veteran Sam Glanzman, who is best known as a comic book artist and storyteller. He died on 7/12.
Read Our Facebook Post »
Operation Invest Wisely
Operations Invest Wisely is a U.S. Securities and Exchange Commission program, which encourages Servicemembers and Veterans to learn investing basics.
Learn More »
When Tony Martinez stepped off the 50th Kansas Honor Flight a crowd of people cheered Martinez and dozens of fellow Veterans. Martinez said it was unlike any homecoming he has ever received.
Read the full story »
Online Shopping for Veterans
Starting November 11, all honorably discharged Veterans will have access to shop at online military exchanges. Veterans must register to be eligible.
Read the FAQs »
Marines Rescue Woman
Five U.S. Marines carried a Japanese woman, who appeared to be having a seizure, down Mt. Fuji to medical personnel. The woman has completely recovered.
Read the full story »
Where: Raymond G Murphy VA Medical Center New Mexico VA Healthcare System 1501 San Pedro Drive SE Albuquerque New Mexico 87108; Building #39, Classroom 1&2
When: Monday, June 26, 2017 3:00 pm to 4:00 pm
Community service providers present their programs to Veterans interested in returning to work or various educational opportunities. Information will be presented on Compensated Work Therapy.
Programs/Services Represented for Panel discussion:
- Workforce Investment Act (W.I.A.) A Career Development Specialist with the Workforce Investment Act, will provide information on WIA educational programs available that will lead to employment or re-employment.
- New Mexico Workforce Connections (DWS) John T. Redman, DVOP working in collaboration with the VA and DWS assists veterans in seeking jobs, training and obtaining referrals for various services. John will also briefly describe the NMVAHCS CWT program below.
- NMVAHCS Compensated Work Therapy Programs (CWT) The vocational rehabilitation program provides work therapy opportunities for Veterans who are interested in returning to the workforce. Admission criteria to the Compensated Work Therapy program will be provided.
- New Mexico Division of Vocational Rehabilitation (DVR) Cary Thomas, VRC New Mexico Division of Vocational Rehabilitation (NMDVR). Cary will provide guidance on the many DVR programs available and contact information.
- Goodwill Industries of New Mexico Rebekah Pieniadaz, Program Director, Goodwill Industries of New Mexico HVRP, focuses on placing homeless veterans in long term employment as well as housing assistance throughout New Mexico. Learn more about admission criteria and contact information
- Central New Mexico Community College (CNM) Ana Patino is an Outreach Specialist representing CNM and promoting the college and other partner programs in job success that compliments the workforce needs of the community, and its employers, while continuing to network CNM’s educational and training opportunities.
- University of New Mexico (UNM)-Educational Opportunity Center, Sergio Leanos Education Outreach Specialist, EOC Student Program Advisor, UNM-EOC Program Advisor provides counseling and information on GED and post-secondary education to qualified adults. Financial aid options, admissions applications, and academic and career advisement is provided. Veterans Resource Center Director, Patrick Gallegos, advises veterans on educational benefits and academic programs at UNM and CNM.
- NM Department of Veterans Services-Business Advisor Richard Coffel, Veterans Business Advocate – State of NM, Veterans interested in starting their own business, or expanding/improving their own business will learn about funding resources as well as obtain expert advice.
- Mayor Richard J. Berry's Office of Veterans’ Affairs Roger Newall, Constituent Services Liaison, offers a resource center for many different kinds of services for all Veterans in the city. The Mayors office helps Veterans’ and their families and survivors achieve the quality of life they deserve after serving our country. We will direct you towards the appropriate agency to meet your needs.
- NMVAHCS Clyde Fletcher, Minority Veteran Program Coordinator discusses resources available to Veterans
- EMPLOYER Annette Griego, NORC Hiring Manager shares Univ of Chicago Research Call Center jobs.
Interested in finding community-based job leads? Contact DVOP-John T Redman, (505) 265-1711 ext. 2564 or in one of his community locations call (505) 843-1913.
Veteran Connections Contact: Rebecca Clark, CRC, LPCC (505) 265-1711